Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Java Script taking over my web life

I've been working with iWeb for some time now making websites for both our church (thefellowship.ca) and for myself (adamnoble.ca). However, I struggle to have enough time to update these sites regularly and it takes forever to create something new and then update. Not to mention my continuing love affair with Facebook, which at times tries to take over my need to publish old school. I might have found a nice middle ground.

I've downloaded a powerful little program called "iWeb Enhancer." Basically what it does is it allows you to add java script to your iWeb sites. I then search out a good "Google gadget" that will read a rss feed or some other type of script and enter it into the iWeb site. That's a lot of gibberish to say that I can now update my blog with Blogger and my pictures with Picasa (another Google product) they automatically update on my adamnoble.ca, old school, published, website. I've even figured out how to make it so that people can actually go on my facebook (after having registered and added me as a friend obviously) right inside my adamnoble.ca website. It's great. It allows me to update things via browser based publishing anywhere I am. I can even email in my blog posts from Blogger.

All this to say it's worth taking the time to research this stuff if you're in to blogging. It takes the whole thing to a new level. You can customize exactly the look and feel without compromising the ease of posting through blogger or any other blog program.

Anyway, that's all. Happy surfing.

No comments: