Tuesday, February 6, 2007

"Banking Can be This Comfortable"

I recently received my first mortgage statement from TD Canada Trust. Believe it or not, this is an actual quote from the statement in regards to future statements:

“At TD Canada Trust, we like to keep you informed about matters affecting your account. Starting in 2007, TD Canada Trust will no longer send you a semi-annual mortgage statement. Mortgage Statements will be provided once a year.”

So because TD wants to keep me informed they have decided to stop sending two statements a year and instead send one. Because somehow one statement provides me with more information? It’s just so blatantly, obviously, and oxy-moron. It’s like a Gas Bar saying they are committed to being available for their customers; and, thus, are no longer going to be open all night. It just doesn’t make sense. If you want to send me fewer mortgage statements, fine; but don’t preface it with how you want to keep me informed. Just don’t send as many.

No comments: