Saturday, February 3, 2007

A Good friend of mine, Tara (also a work colleague), advised me to invest in some Pink Floyd this last Christmas. She said that I should buy “Dark Side of the Moon” and that the first time I played it I had to listen the whole album straight through in one sitting. I did; and needless to say it was awesome. Though my favorite song is still “Money,” the rest just emphasized it. There are little snippets of “Money” through the whole album, along with pieces of “Us and Them” (I’m sure I’ll find more as I go on). I was also blown away by the song “The Great Gig in the Sky.” The woman’s vocals were haunting and emotionally inspiring. The more I listen to it the more it feels like she is singing what I am feeling at that time. Even though I feel something different every time I listen to it. I can’t wait to watch “The Wizard of Oz” to it.

No comments: